Technical Sales Associate
FMB Oxford is seeking candidates for a newly created position within the Sales and Marketing Team to focus on our x-ray detector range of products, primarily working directly with prospective and existing customers to increase sales.
This role has responsibility for budgeted turnover for the product range and offers excellent opportunities; the direct interaction with our customers provides excellent insight into all important aspects of the technology and applications. The candidate will also have prospects for increased responsibility over time.
The Technical Sales Associate will ideally have a background in physics or relevant STEM subject with hands-on experience with electronic instruments. The candidate will have an outgoing personality with demonstrated positive, cross-cultural communication skills, enjoy customer contact and being challenged by different applications on a daily basis. The candidate will be self-organised and willing to travel on a regular basis.
– Achieve sales to meet budgeted turnover for the detector and diagnostic product range
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of quotations and orders and support on time delivery
- Make efficient use of the marketing budget to deliver effective Marcomms
- Be the primary point of contact for support of the Company’s detector and diagnostic products
- Support customer service for repairs
- Support the Sales team in tendering processes as required
- Technical assistance in assembly and testing of equipment when required
– Market development
- Attend relevant shows
- Maintain an in depth knowledge of competitor’s products
- Maintain communication with customers and suppliers
- Undertake regular visits to existing or potential customer sites to identify opportunities
Job Type: Full-time.
Remuneration and benefits: Competitive salary, proportionate to experience. Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- 7% company pension contribution
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working hours
- Group Life Assurance and Income Protection
- First degree in relevant STEM subject – Level 5 HND qualification in Electrical or Electronic Engineering will be considered
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills essential
- Some electronics knowledge/experience would be beneficial but not mandatory
- Regular travel to customers, conferences or workshops
Language: English (required), with proficiency in additional languages desirable.
Agencies need not apply.