A key vacancy exists for an Instrument Scientist in X-Ray Optics and Diagnostics to join our team working in markets worldwide. As the successful candidate, you will enjoy working with new and existing clients and must demonstrate good communication skills. Our combined design office and manufacturing facilities offer a wide range of learning opportunities through interaction with Engineering and Manufacturing departments.
- Your job will be to challenge the status quo and identify new ways of achieving product excellence using your unique scientific insight to solve difficult engineering problems with lateral thinking
- You will provide the company with a focal point for scientific input on a wide range of instruments and product performance characteristics
- You will following the new project life cycle from
- Supporting the Sales team in preparing technical responses to tender returns, coordinating with the Engineering and Procurement teams
- Participating in the development process, from definition stage through design reviews to final acceptance testing
- Assisting Installation and Commissioning activities, providing scientific expertise in a customer-facing role
- You are expected to attend relevant shows and ensure effective feedback, including relevant information from all sources on competitors, product performance, new product opportunities and longer term prospects
- An important area of work is to prepare technical papers of specific instruments for publication in peer reviewed Journals and presentations at selected industry forums
Specific skills required:
- Good communication skills, including the capability of producing clear and concise technical and commercial documents and delivering oral presentations
- Knowledge of converting complex scientific requirements into clear engineering specifications
- The ability to build relationships quickly and effectively
You will be qualified to a higher degree level in a physics or engineering science subject with up to 3 years’ experience. The position is based in the UK office but some overseas travel will be necessary. This role may be suitable for a recent PhD graduate with experience at a relevant Photon Science facility.
The company offers a competitive package, available to the right candidate, including excellent benefits:
- 7% company pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Life Insurance.
If you have a good understanding of physics principles, and specifically optics, and can demonstrate good communication skills and have a desire to work with customers to define leading edge solutions we would like to hear from you.
Agencies need not apply.