Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will support the Finance function.
The ideal candidate would be expected to be a proactive and motivated part of the team as we constantly look to improve the business and to utilise new technologies. The core of the role will be transactional, however, it offers a wide range of excellent experiences and skills for those looking to widen their experience in finance and business.
A background in finance with Purchase Ledger experience is necessary. The successful candidate will need to be able to hit the ground running whilst picking up new elements of the job quickly.
This will initially be a part-time role (20hrs per week).
- Processing of purchase ledger (400 invoices per month)
- Preparation of supplier payment runs
- Timesheet and expenses management
- Working to support the Treasury Accountant in all treasury related functions
- Assisting the Finance Manager with tracking R&D spend, applying for government grants and other innovation related activities where necessary
- Assisting with IT support, in particular communicating and chasing issues with the ERP
Education / Requirements:
- ERP and P/L experience, Sage 200 experience desirable
- A levels and or GCSE grades A-C (A in Mathematics desirable)
- Relevant professional accounting qualifications desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- 7% company pension contribution
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working hours
- Group Life Assurance and Income Protection
Applications should be made with detailed CV along with a letter of motivation indicating the position applied for.
Agencies need not apply.